logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline [Admin]Bow  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:10:15 PM(UTC)
[Admin]Bow

Groups: Admins
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 27 post(s)
When we make events , sometimes one faction is more powerful than another, even if numbers are the same. Because we would want these events to last longer, sometimes a GM or Admin will ask one faction to sit some players to help keep the battle even on both sides, so one side does not get disappointed and quit. When a person openly refuses to make these adjustments that the GM requested , this will cause the event to end earlier than it would due to imbalance.

From this day forward, any lead who openly refuses to cooperate with the GM when doing an event, this player will be kicked.

One player can not and will not dictate how events are handled on Exile.
If you wish to be the boss of everything, go make your own server or play somewhere else. All we are trying to do is make good pvp for ALL players and to extend the event as long as possible.
We appreciate and thank you for your cooperation for all you do in helping us make events on Exile last as long as we can for the enjoyment of all players.
UserPostedImage
Offline Maicie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 4:13:14 PM(UTC)
Frea

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AdminBow Go to Quoted Post
When we make events , sometimes one faction is more powerful than another, even if numbers are the same. Because we would want these events to last longer, sometimes a GM or Admin will ask one faction to sit some players to help keep the battle even on both sides, so one side does not get disappointed and quit. When a person openly refuses to make these adjustments that the GM requested , this will cause the event to end earlier than it would due to imbalance.

From this day forward, any lead who openly refuses to cooperate with the GM when doing an event, this player will be kicked.

One player can not and will not dictate how events are handled on Exile.
If you wish to be the boss of everything, go make your own server or play somewhere else. All we are trying to do is make good pvp for ALL players and to extend the event as long as possible.
We appreciate and thank you for your cooperation for all you do in helping us make events on Exile last as long as we can for the enjoyment of all players.

Hello,

I do understand your point of view about this new rule. In fact, intending to create an equal PvP based on kills gained by each faction is a nice idea. Moreover, if one faction dominates the other one ( = their kills are too high compared to the kills gained by other faction ) then asking some people to be sat out will help to make it fair or at least a bit more fair (in theory).
Now, please, allow me to take an example.

If my memory serves, last Saturday ( at the event ) AoL was asked to sit out a few people so they did. However, while PvPing UoF managed to push AoL back to guards for about ( I hope I won't exaggerate ) 15-20 minutes. But still, no update was given about sitters. So, AoL decided to get those sitters back on the battlefield. But still, no update was given about sitters. Was the event's host(ess) away from keyboard? ( It is in fact possible, Shaiya Exile Staff members are humans too, they have a real life, things to get done or simply have to take care of a player. ) I've all the reasons to believe they weren't since as soon as AoL went back to their spawn point, they started to blame the summoner that I'm not going to name since this isn't the topic.

So, here are some questions about this new rule:

• How can this rule help on PvP events if the event's host(ess) doesn't give any update about sitters ( unless they will now as this rule has been added )?
  • Are you sure this rule won't be used to make one faction dominate the other one ( intentionally or not )?

Now let's imagine the event's host(ess) asked one faction to sit out some players and then has to go away from keyboard and doesn't say a word about it. Meanwhile, the faction which was dominated now dominates. ( Please note that in my example, event's host(ess) is still away from keyboard. )

• What is raid leader supposed to do about the sitters?

Please note that I'm not wondering for myself since I'm not leading nor won't lead any PvP raid anyway.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:37:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Frea for this useful post.
Kaisensei on 11/9/2016(UTC), Valkyrie on 1/6/2017(UTC), Crawling on 1/13/2017(UTC)
Offline Gon  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:02:24 AM(UTC)
Gon

the point is : dont let 1 player manage events.

all other question are irrelevant.

i trust admin to know how to do it.
Offline Cheri  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 5:59:04 AM(UTC)
Valkyrie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't think Maicie's questions are irrelevant seeing as the situation mentioned has happened a few times before, just because admins know how to handle it, doesn't mean every other staff know as well