logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Monki  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 11:13:21 PM(UTC)
Kodi

Groups: Registered
Man
Czech Republic

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I don't agree with you Blitz, which you said is easy to do, so here is a few ideas for brainstorming (not necessarily relevant to each other and without deeper consideration of pros and cons):

• Cap max Rec/Def
  • Remove Abs 6
  • Make Abs 6 to take 2 slots
  • Increase cd of fatal hit, but this skill must remain viable for non-rec A/R.
  • Inrease SP/MP cost of Mana Shot and Stamina Shot drastically so H/A can't spam it endlessly
  • Remove undying nos
  • Revive Proelium pvp by making it noble armor/weapon zone with no or little enchants and ojs and low level basic lapises and duals only
  • Remove all classes from game
  • Dope both goddesses, so they will demand their factions to make love not war
  • Revert back to Exile 1.0 ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline Glalie  
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 12:08:12 AM(UTC)
Jumpluff

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just listing all the problems who all players post here about the abs removal and the rectard classes:

About rectards:
* Archers can Spam MP/SP shoot (And using 6 debuffs in weapon) to let the players unable to attack or do anything, and annoying with debuffs.
* Rangers have a non-potteable with a little cooldown, so a lot of rangers try the rec build.
* Mage/Pagan Haves AR to spam (And same, with 6 debuffs in weapon).
* Guardians no have anything special to do, but the insane resistance makes him a impossible target to kill and a 100% permanent hiting on a healer, making him can't heal in all the pvp.
* Rectards prevent the pvp to be played normally. ¿Why? The main idea of the exile pvp is kill and be killed, and the only 'Supportive classes' are the guardians just for the DF/POG skills and the priest who can use a permanent healing and dispel skills.
Rectards chars do not kill and won't die in pvp, making more slow and boring, and make the life impossible to the healers/casters/etc.

About the abs removal:

* If the abs be removed, some classes take more general damage (Anything who is not called as 'Guardian' or anything who is not called 'Eileen' ,the only noob who uses a full glasscannon build). Mainly for the burst of the wars, but any other class can do more damage than the normal.
* Taking this in consideration, caster/hunter maybe be the same thing without a minimal change, but the highest impact in the game is about the Guardians and the healing priests. ¿Why? A guardian needs to be tanky and the removal of the abs makes him more easy to kill. And the priest usuallly have hard focus on him, so the abs removal make the job more easy.

¿My Ideas about the rectards?
* Reduce drastically the Mana and Stamina drained by the SP/MP Shoots, 500 it's a good count for a example. Other solution is add cooldown to the skills.
* Make Fatal hit a UNPOTTEABLE SLOW, not a stun, like the priest's blizzards. This maintain the ranger function to catch enemies and let the priest do their work.
* Change AR to have a cooldown, to be 1 target only, or just delete from the game. Also the mages can also receives a buff in their weak abilities, like most of the fire skills or choirs. I can imagine a mage with the instant choirs and a 60s CD, this must be fine in a int build mage.
* Maybe with the abs removal, the rectards guardians receives a big nerf so i no have more to say with this class.
* REMOVE DEBUFFS FROM GAME, Yes, ¿Why? A normal dps class usually uses one or two debuffs (Really just a few players use debuffs in their weapons due to the damage loss) or no use it. This is why the debuffs lapises are a Lucky factor who can be effective at the same time being useless. But, a rec char don't need the dps lapises so they can sacrifice a bit of they rec and use a 6 debuffs, making a machine of debuffs.
A niche lapises who works very fine at rec chars, but no have great results in the normal players. This is why i suggest thisa lapises need to be removed.

¿My ideas about the abs removal?

* Add a extra defense/rm to the most affected classes, for a example, add 100 defense to the healers.
* Nerf warriors insane burst to make the other classes can do anything vs him.

Or a alternative idea...
Warning all rec players to start using a dps gear, and if they not start to use this, do a 3 day ban. ¿Again? 5 day ban, and anything similar to this. And let the game stay normal than now.

I no have much more to say, it's just my ideas and i sorry for the bad language, im learning.

Offline Delirius  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 12:20:48 PM(UTC)
Delirius

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 5 post(s)
About Absorption...I don't agree, but won't affect my gameplay so I dont mind.
About Fatal Hit....I am sad to hear this. I have written 1000000000 times how Fatal Hit was originaly working. I am tired of this Fatal hit discussion. But i will repeat myself again :
Fatal Hit debuf shoud work exactly as Stinger and piercing shot : it stops the affected target from MOVING ONLY and it doesnt stun it. this is a must for assassins in order to stop their target from kiting their chains. If you make Fatal Hit potable, then unchain all our skill Blitz. Without Fatal Hit we cant play this class since it will be impossible to use slasher and stun chains. Assassin is not an auto attack class like hunter/archers...
Anyway, had this discussion 100000 times and apparently noone understands how an assassin was designed to work...
Happy new year all!
thanks 4 users thanked Delirius for this useful post.
[S]JJ on 1/9/2018(UTC), Jumpluff on 1/9/2018(UTC), LittleFluffyBunny on 1/9/2018(UTC), Laughlin on 1/10/2018(UTC)
Offline Pleasure  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 12:39:32 PM(UTC)
lolz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Delirius Go to Quoted Post
Fatal Hit debuf shoud work exactly as Stinger and piercing shot

The different is that Fatal hit cooldown is 8 seconds and stinger/piercing 30 seconds
It´s just broken this ranger

thanks 1 user thanked lolz for this useful post.
Maicie on 1/9/2018(UTC)
Offline Delirius  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:41:36 PM(UTC)
Delirius

Originally Posted by: Pleasure Go to Quoted Post

The different is that Fatal hit cooldown is 8 seconds and stinger/piercing 30 seconds

I wasnt talking about the cool down etc, i was refering to the debuf effect...+ as a very old player of Shaiya (I started playing this game when it was on Episode 3 back in 2006 or 2007) I can tell you that Fatal Hit was never broken, but Blitz broke it when he changed the client some time ago. Since then, despite my emails, PMs, guides, books I've sent him regarding this skill, he never understood how this skill SHOULD work and always changed it to something weird and either overpowered either totaly useless. The most weird mod he applied on this skill was a % based damage (5% of total HP) which dealed ridiculous damage on bosses but close to zero damage in pvp.

Back in Exile original client and 1st version of server (same as OS client in Aeria games, Lailah server), Fatal hit had a different Cool down for each level of the skill. The cool down was higher at lvl 2 and lvl3. Back then we had skill resets in game so we could change our skills as we wished. Some players maxed this skill in order to have higher cool down to help them with chain initiation. But experienced Assassin players like me, used Fatal hit only at lvl 1 with 3 secs cool down cause it allowed us to stop people from kiting. I think lvl 2 was 5 secs CD and lvl 3 was 7 secs CD. This skill just stoped player from running but it didnt stun . That means that on a frontal battle with a fighter for example, the fighter could still use his skills even if the assassin had used Fatal hit. But if the fighter tried to run away to avoid certain death (the chicken mode) then Fatal hit stoped him and gave assassin a chance to win the battle.

Now if you make Fatal hit potable then Assassin will lose his advantage.
thanks 2 users thanked Delirius for this useful post.
LittleFluffyBunny on 1/9/2018(UTC), Laughlin on 1/10/2018(UTC)
Offline Monki  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
Kodi

Man
Czech Republic

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Personally I'd rather see a significant movement and attack speed reduction than stop.

It seems you've never really got to understand the unique mechanics of this class. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that.
You're comparing uncomparable. Unlike ALL other classes, A/R build their damage over time, so they must keep their target close for a relatively long time (compared to W/F) to deal a decent amount of damage. That's one counterweight to compensate the downside of chained skills. A/R was designed and meant to be like that and there's nothing broken about it.

Fatal hit is not the real problem here.
UserPostedImage
Offline Delirius  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 2:34:11 PM(UTC)
Delirius

Originally Posted by: Monki Go to Quoted Post

Personally I'd rather see a significant movement and attack speed reduction than stop.

It seems you've never really got to understand the unique mechanics of this class. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that.
You're comparing uncomparable. Unlike ALL other classes, A/R build their damage over time, so they must keep their target close for a relatively long time (compared to W/F) to deal a decent amount of damage. That's one counterweight to compensate the downside of chained skills. A/R was designed and meant to be like that and there's nothing broken about it.

Fatal hit is not the real problem here.

Indeed your suggestion is interesting.I think in EP5 this skill was modified in that way. Slowing the target (movement at least). Could be good if this slow effect is non potable ofc...
Offline Pesky  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 5:17:15 PM(UTC)
Jumpluff

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

A warrior player talking about the broken status of the rangers... This is new
Offline Pleasure  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:52:22 AM(UTC)
lolz

Let the rangers talk alone in this post
Don´t get butt hurt pls :(
Offline [BoS]GreenLantern  
#50 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 2:32:10 PM(UTC)
[BoS]GreenLantern

Making a debuff skill that reduces defense by 500 is just absurd. Victims would be those hard working dpsers that provide all the kills through their skill.

On further notice, I've been reading some stuff about "rectards" and while I'm not one of them, I still think it's part of the game. I do wonder why people are so obsessed with not dying. If a rectoon is hitting YOUR healer then it's YOUR duty to go and help that healer, you just need to be more creative with your own build/links to stop those rectoons (there are ways that don't involve administrative choices yes: internet, maths and logics people). I've read some post about cutting your healing animation through spamming dispel right after it, that's cheating. The same way some warriors or fighters would cut their windspin animation, but they'd get a lot more complaints appearantly. I feel like healers/casters are much more protected than physical/ranged dpsers. For example the bodycamping rule back in the days also got implemented because healers were getting camped, not dpsers. People need to understand that bugging/killing healers is simply a strategy. Healer can't heal/dispel? --> more kills. One way to do this is a rectoon, but it's a toon like any other: one less dps in their raid too, so win-lose. The core of pvp will still be the dpsers who provide >95% of your kills.

If there needs to be a solution it needs to involve dps improvement. Perhaps a better solution is to buff up the 60 skills from dpsers (KB, RP, Eraser, PV, ST) so that they reduce HP by 95-99% of the maximum HP (without damage cap and higher accuracy). Now that would be a way to instantly kill those rectoons and give your healer some air to breathe.
OR make a new reverse debuff lapis that can ONLY be linked in orc/priest tops that debuffs (now you could make that -500def debuff work) anyone attacking it (+ unpottable but NOT undispellable) with 5-10% accuracy for 1 minute or even more, healers would get left alone for sure then. Accuracy could get tweaked according to efficiency.

Yours truly,
Offline Ivory  
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 03, 2018 11:48:33 PM(UTC)
Ivory

I also agree that the debuff skill that removes 500 defense isn't a very good idea because it is gonna be abused by moi, the BP. Not just to remove the defense from rec guards but also just tanky str guards.

I do however suggest that you remove all the debuff lapis that those special minded people link ,not talking about pain blindside and silence or even toxic, but the really pointless ones that ONLY they link like confusion and disease and whatnot, no normal person in their right mind links those lapis unless they wanna go full rec do 0 ^*@&#^$ damage and drink mountain dew all day.
On the same topic, make the skill "Curse Raid" for defenders a single target skill or give it a cooldown, this is to prevent all of our damage windows to be spammed with that skill + debuffs, I'm vain and I love seeing my own damage.

Kind regards,

Edited by user Saturday, February 03, 2018 11:50:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline [Notorious]  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:00:28 PM(UTC)
[Notorious]

Man
Norway

Hello, A little late but ...

My warrior does good enuff dmg to kill these rectards, so how about, our lovely DPSes take the REC outta yo sets and stats and actually kill shit instead of QQing like we always have on shaiya since 2007 ? lol

Would be lovely

Kind Regards, yours truly, Piri.
#PIRI
Offline Castiel  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:19:09 AM(UTC)
LittleFluffyBunny

Groups: Registered, GS Staff

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 9 post(s)
[Notorious wrote:
;1821]Hello, A little late but ...

My warrior does good enuff dmg to kill these rectards, so how about, our lovely DPSes take the REC outta yo sets and stats and actually kill shit instead of QQing like we always have on shaiya since 2007 ? lol

Would be lovely

Kind Regards, yours truly, Piri.

Well yes, you can kill them with a fighter/warrior but the amount of time used to kill a rec class just to have him away from your healer for 10s until he is rezzed, buffed and ran back to them is not worth it. Especially since you could kill more than 1 squishier target in this time. If both raids have 30 players and the pvp is even, wasting your time on a target that takes a greater effort to kill than the usual target will put your raid at a disadvantage.
thanks 2 users thanked LittleFluffyBunny for this useful post.
Maicie on 2/28/2018(UTC), gamergirlpiss on 3/1/2018(UTC)